The Happiness Project
I am in the mist of reading Gretchen Rubin's book about Happiness. Each month she tackles a new topic on her adventure towards happiness. For the month of May; Be Serious About Play. This chapter got me thinking about what I found fun. There are many things that other people find fun but I don't enjoy and vice versa. "Research shows that regularly having fun is a key factor in having a happy life; people who have fun are twenty times more likely to feel happy."
Similar to Gretchen, I love the idea of wandering an art museum, learning to play chess, doing crossword puzzles, or going to a 10 story dance club until 6am. I understand why people enjoy these activities, but they aren't for me. Sometimes I wish I liked them, but moving on! I need to Be, Leigh.
Right now, here are some things that are FUN for Leigh:
in no particular order
- riding my bike
- cooking and baking for people (especially Ryan)
- walking through town and picking up a coffee
- reading (blogs and books), especially outside
- doing research for traveling
- going out to eat
- being around kids
- trying to taste every beer in Belgium (over 800...)
- Skyping with family and friends
- working on my photography/photoshop
- dancing in the kitchen with Ryan
It's funny to me to look at this list and think about how much I have changed. 3 years ago my fun list would have been completed different. But I am okay with that. I know in 3 years time it will change again.
Gretchen's Blog: The Happiness Project
So what's fun for you?