Sunday, December 29, 2013

French Alps

This year we didn't go home for Christmas, which was my first time away! Ry planned a trip to the Alps for a week. He found a great deal for an all inclusive package, that we couldn't miss out on. Before we left we had Christmas Eve on the 20th and the next morning we opened up gifts. We then took a bus to Les Menuires (the 3 Valleys) and spent the week skiing (or learning to!). The place we stayed was 'ski in ski out' and had a fabulous view. We met another couple and spent most of the week eating, drinking, and skiing with them! I signed up for a ski class for 6 days, 3 hours a day.... and it was totally worth it. By the end of the week something 'clicked', I was confident and skiing parallel. "Parallel Bruce Lee, Parallel" is something I heard all week from my instructor. 




 The view from our room! 




 Stopped in Val Thorens for a high altitude beer and 
hot chocolate.




 My ski class! 


Skiing with the other couple. 

It was a great week, but truthfully it didn't feel like Christmas. Christmas time is all about family, not the presents or the sales. I am glad I got to be with someone I love, but I wasn't with everyone I love. We can't wait to be back next year to spend time with family. I really do think that going skiing is a great way to celebrate Christmas time though. If all our family could get together and spend a week with out the internet or TV, it would be wonderful! One can dream.... 



Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment